Aim Fire Stop Strip
AIM high density Rockwool stone wool fire and smoke stop for medium size linear gaps in buildings. AIM Fire Stop Strip is made from high density Rockwool stonewool and is permanently held in place by compression without the need for adhesive or intumescent mastic. It prevents the passage of flame and smoke through the void being fire stopped. For gaps greater than 100mm above masonry walls and partitions use AIM Partition Head Barrier.download pdf
- Lengths: 1200mm
- Voids: 10-100mm (For voids 100mm to 600mm use AIM Partition Head Barrier)
- Up to 4 hours fire rating
- No mastics or sealants required
- Tested to BS476 part 20 and assessed by Warrington Fire Research Centre
- Ozone depletion potential of zero, no CFCs or HCFCs used in manufacture
- Global warming potential= zero
- Top of masonry wall under soffit
- Above partitions
- Expansion joint in masonry wall
- Within metal cladding systems
- Between ceilings and walls
The performance of AIM Fire Stop Strip has been tested to BS 476 part 20 and assessed by Warrington Fire Research Centre.
|Fire Resistance||Minimum Thickness of Fire Stop mm|
|Minutes||Gaps up to 75mm||Gaps up to 100mm|
|240||100 EHD*||100 EHD*|
*EHD - Extra High Density barrier with lap joints
When installed in a 50mm gap above a partition and where an imperforate 12.5mm plasterboard ceiling is installed to abut the partition below on both sides, the room-to-room sound reduction, on the path of the Fire Stop Strip, will be at least 47dB – average sound reduction index.
AIM Fire Stop Strip must be compressed by about 5%, when installed. It is push fitted into place and must fit tightly and completely; all butt joints also must be tight. Where rough masonry surfaces cause problems a small piece of metal or plastic sheet may be temporarily inserted as a slip plate. If the gap to be filled is between two components which might separate in a fire, the two components must be mechanically linked so that separation cannot occur.